Summer is in full swing, but there’s no reason to tear your hair out trying to come up with snacks for your kids to eat to beat the heat. These kid-friendly recipes will entertain them for hours and keep their tummies full!
Step indoors to make this rainbow-colored gelatin treat with your kids.
1. 3 oz. each of strawberry, orange, lemon, grape and lime gelatin
2. 6 ¼ cup hot water
3. 1 cup sour cream
1. Dissolve the first box of gelatin with 1 ¼ cups of hot water. Separate ½ cup and set aside. Pour the remaining ¾ cup into an 8x8-inch pan.
2. Refrigerate 15-30 minutes (do not allow it to completely set)
3. Add 3 tablespoons of sour cream to the reserved ½ cup of gelatin, mixing until blended and let cool.
4. Gently pour the gelatin/sour cream mix on top of first almost-set gelatin layer. Refrigerate again for 15-30 minutes, or until almost set.
5. Repeat with remaining gelatin boxes.
6. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve.
Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean your kids have to leave their love of hot chocolate behind! Simply put it on ice and enjoy!
1. 6 oz. milk
2. ½ cup hot cocoa mix (or 2 packets)
3. 1 ½ - 2 cups crushed ice cubes
4. Whipped cream, optional
5. Additional hot cocoa mix, optional
1. Pour milk into blender. Add hot cocoa mix and ice.
2. Blend at low speed, then high until ice is finely crushed.
3. Pour into tall glass and top with whipped cream and a dusting of hot cocoa mix.
4. Serve with a straw.
Now it’s time to enjoy the fun treats you’ve made, and stay cool during those hot summer days!