Flex Your Power…
And save energy this summer!
Summer time is air conditioning season and for many people, that means higher energy bills. You don’t have to accept this drain on your pocketbook though! Fight high energy bills with these simple tips:
- Install shades or drapes on windows to block out direct sun during the day.
- Turn off unnecessary lights -- they create heat too.
- Cook on the grill outside, or use a microwave oven instead of the stove.
- Use your ceiling fans more instead of lowering the temperature on your thermostat.
- Set your thermostat to 78°F or higher and consider switching to a programmable thermostat.
- Examine your home to see where cool air might escape. Plug air leaks with caulking or weather-stripping.
- Consider replacing regular light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs in your most-used fixtures and lamps.
- And, be sure to turn off appliances, including computers and televisions, when you’re not using them.
See… you can stay cool and save money this summer!